Hello! My name is Pamela Lamash and I am a Registered Psychologist in Alberta, having completed a Masters of Education from the University of Alberta in 2000, focusing in the areas of learning, development and assessment. I have been privileged to provide assessment and consultation services in the school setting since 2005. I approach my work with a core belief that all children deserve a positive school experience in which their unique patterns of strength and challenge are recognized and understood.
Education and Credentials:
- Registered Psychologist (#2760) with the College of Alberta Psychologists
- Bachelor of Arts with Distinction, Department of Educational Psychology (Honors program) - University of Alberta
- Master of Education, Department of Educational Psychology (Area of Specialization: Learning, Development, and Assessment) - University of Alberta
As a psychologist in the school setting I have extensive experience providing a range of assessment and consultative services to support students from kindergarten to Grade 12, working with schools to help facilitate educational programming to meet students’ learning, behavioral, and social-emotional needs. I specialize in psycho-educational assessment of children and adolescents to help identify learning difficulties, cognitive delays, as well as social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. I also provide classroom-based consultation for universal programming strategies and consultation specific to individual students. An important part of the assessment process is participating in parent or school conferencing in order to help parents and school personnel understand a child’s development and provide individualized programming recommendations suited to the child’s profile of strengths and needs.
I have also enjoyed the opportunity to provide workshops for parents/caregivers as well as professional development presentations to school staff on a range of topics.
Prior to my work in the school setting, I also completed psychological assessments of young persons charged with criminal offences, and other youths in need, referred through the Youth Criminal Defence Office.
- Psycho-Educational Assessments (children to adolescents)
- Social-Emotional Assessments (children to adolescents)
- Behavioural Assessments (children to adolescents)
- Diagnostic Assessments (children to adolescents)
Who I Work With:
I currently work primarily with school-aged populations. I am comfortable assessing the following presenting concerns:
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (i.e., ADHD, Learning Disorders, Intellectual Disabilities)
- Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma-and Stressor-Related Disorders (i.e., Acute Stress Disorder, Adjustment Disorders)
- Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders (i.e., ODD, IED, Conduct Disorder)
In most cases, I would refer to other professionals for the following issues:
- Diagnosing Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Diagnosing Personality Disorders
- Diagnosing Psychosis
- Child Custody Evaluations
- Assessments with very young children (under 4)
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
- Feeding and Eating Disorders
- Elimination Disorders
- Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
On a personal note, I am grateful for two beautiful daughters who keep me busy with their endless sporting activities, school commitments, and Ukrainian dance performances. Along with my husband, our family also enjoys time spent camping, hiking, skiing, and curling.