Hi! My name is Chayse Haldane and I am a Registered Provisional Psychologist.
At Clarity, I conduct psycho-educational and diagnostic assessments with children, adolescents and adults under the supervision of Dr. Sean Barford. I work with individuals across most age-ranges and conduct assessments both in schools and in private practice. I am passionate about helping people and believe that assessments can be used as important tools to help people identify their strengths and access appropriate support, when necessary. If you have any questions or want to contact me directly, please feel free to email me at .
Education and Credentials (Degrees & Registration info):
- Registered Provisional Psychologist (#P6236) with the College of Alberta Psychologists
- Bachelor of Arts Degree with High Distinction from Concordia University College – Edmonton, Alberta
- Master of Education Degree in Counselling Psychology from the University of Alberta – Edmonton, Alberta
I completed my Masters of Education at the University of Alberta in Counselling Psychology and I am currently completing my doctoral studies in the same program. Through my academic and professional career, I have gained comprehensive experience and training in counselling and assessment. I have had the opportunity to work in a variety of settings including community mental health clinics, private practice and hospital settings. I have experience working with individuals in both assessment and counselling across a variety of concerns including mental health, stress, interpersonal issues, behaviour issues, learning, and attention challenges.
In addition to my clinical work, I also enjoy conducting research. Over my graduate school career, I have contributed to a number of research projects focused on local LGBTQ+ history, people’s relationships to each other at work, and I am currently completing my dissertation research on the rewards of working in the helping professions. As a result of these research projects, I have had the opportunity to present research at national and international conferences.
- Psycho-educational Assessments (children to adults)
- Psycho-diagnostic Assessments (children to adults)
Who I Work With:
I currently work with children (5 years+) and adults. I am comfortable assessing the following presenting concerns:
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (i.e., ADHD, Learning Disorders, Intellectual Disabilities, Tic Disorders)
- Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Trauma-and Stressor-Related Disorders (i.e., PTSD, Acute Stress Disorder, Adjustment Disorders)
- Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders (i.e., ODD, IED, Conduct Disorder)
- Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
In most cases, I would refer to other professionals for the following issues:
- Diagnosing Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Diagnosing Personality Disorders
- Diagnosing Psychosis
- Child Custody Evaluations
- Assessments with very young children (under 4)
In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family, olympic weightlifting, travelling, and doing almost anything outdoors. I love hiking, kayaking, and seeing different parts of the world. Engaging in these different activities fosters my value of lifelong learning. I love being able to challenge myself by developing skills in new areas and learning about different cultures through travelling.
- Canadian Psychological Association