Couples counselling typically involves you and your partner meeting with a mental health professional on an ongoing basis. Couples counselling focuses on both the problems that are interfering in your relationship and the processes through which you and your partner can address these problems.
Couples counselling sessions are often 80 minutes in length to allow for meaningful engagement in the counselling process. However, 50 minute sessions can be requested if this works better with your schedule.
Common reasons that couples
attend counselling include:
- Communication challenges, frequent conflict
- Lacking relationship satisfaction / fulfilment
- Difficulties with sexual intimacy
- Addictions (e.g., substances, pornography)
- Family of origin issues
- Parenting issues; misalignment in parenting approaches
- Financial conflict
- Issues related to the division of labour in the household
At Clarity Psychology, Couples Counselling is currently being offered by Dr. Erica Dunn. Because Dr. Dunn took a break from Couples Counselling during the COVID-19 pandemic, she is currently accessing supervision from an expert in the field to enhance the quality of her care. She currently sees couples in-person only at our Edmonton office.
To book a Couples Counselling session, please contact our Office Manager at 587.782.4744